This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Trigger point
Marcus smiled at Ascendancy's words. A measure of trust had been earned. He did not miss the hard look in the man's eyes, though. His admission of his own ambitions- a calculated but necessary reveal- made it clear that his trust was probationary.

As if to cement the point, Ascendancy went on to tell him to continue seeking out others like them, but to be sure to tell him of any discoveries. Trano's revelation had fallen on deaf ears and he had become fodder for the media. More than one person had suggested that between the fighting in DV and getting shot, Trano had snapped. Oakland, on the other hand, was a surprise. He would think on him.

But his mind shifted between this tentative new trust and his own plans for Poytr. Clearly, Ascendancy was looking to collect or at least monitor those like them. Inwardly, he frowned, thinking on Pyotr and his....nature. The man was weak and easily prone to manipulation and intimidation. And he could only channel haphazardly when he was embarrassed, which happened fairly easily. Working here in the Kremlin, very likely he was going to reveal his abilities anyway at some point. And should it become known that Marcus had spent any time with the man- for any reason- that little trust he'd earned would evaporate in an instant.

But there was a way to deal with the threat and benefit.

"Thank you, Ascendancy. I am honored to have your trust. As to men like us, in fact I know of two. One is my brother, Andre. He is a police officer in the US. He started using the Force after I did. I taught him what I knew at the time and how to control it. He is not as strong as I am, however."
While a part of him cringed at revealing his brother, Andre was in the US. He was safe in any case. He paused and then plunged in. He hated losing an advantage this early, but the game had changed. And in the long run, it would work to his benefit.

"As to the other, there is a waiter here- he served your table at the Christmas party the other night- Pyotr Grigory."
He smiled, seemingly somewhat embarrassed. "My...ah...little trick brought him to my attention. He too can call upon the power. He's a good and honest man. He's not very strong in the power and can only call on it sporadically though. Those are the only ones I know of so far."

He really did hate doing this. But the situation had changed. His strategy had changed. He was no longer hiding his power, after all. And he'd work around it. In truth, very little would change. Very likely, he'd still be able to continue to use Pyotr.

Edited by Marcus DuBois, Nov 10 2014, 01:49 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-03-2014, 07:38 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-04-2014, 02:33 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-05-2014, 07:54 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-06-2014, 01:26 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-09-2014, 02:19 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 01:29 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-10-2014, 08:12 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-10-2014, 04:01 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 04:19 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-10-2014, 05:49 PM