This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Trigger point
Marcus explained everything Nikolai demanded to hear. The story was indeed a story, but one that Nik could visualize. An emotional charge triggered Marcus's powers. He wanted something with such demand that his soul reached into the void to make it so. In this case, he wanted to punish the woman. A less cynical mind might attribute his desire as one to protect the child. But Marcus has not pulled the child from the clutches of the mother's arms. Rather, the mother was drawn elsewhere.

Half a century analyzing everything around him, Nik recognized other insights into Marcus's identity. In one breath he deferred to the Ascendancy yet in another referenced his own ascension. He craved control and would have sought worldwide authority had it not already been claimed by Nikolai. Perhaps he still would. The world was a large place, but it grew infinitely smaller when filled with men like them. Finally, he testified to be a willing ally yet the voluntary position implied the potential for the opposite. Marcus was deigning to allow himself to be the Ascendancy's ally rather than the other way around. He understood the underlying suggestion but the sharpness to Nikolai's gaze never relented. In fact it came with a thin warning that Marcus judge his path carefully. These first few years of influence were of grave importance. A decade from now, Marcus might be a true threat to Nikolai's authority.

"I hereby lift the ban against you. Use your powers as you deem worthy. However, you are to cease those incessant flashes. As your numbers grow, the risk of discovery is too great. However I do wish you to continue to seek out those whom you can, but you must report them to me. As you can imagine, your powers in the hands of a madman cannot go unwatched. The time will come when I reveal my true self to the world, but not yet. No doubt you're aware of Nicholas Trano's broadcast. It was too soon. He's become a laughing-stock. Meanwhile, men like that Damien Oakland in Mexico are gaining in popularity. Sheep do not come when called; they must be lured."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-03-2014, 07:38 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-04-2014, 02:33 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-05-2014, 07:54 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-06-2014, 01:26 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-09-2014, 02:19 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 01:29 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-10-2014, 08:12 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-10-2014, 04:01 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 04:19 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-10-2014, 05:49 PM