This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

First Steps
The minutes went on in silence.

Wait. Had she not spoken aloud? She thought so. Maybe Michael didn't hear her? Maybe she was going crazy.

She cleared her throat. "Yes of course,"
but the answer was tense. "When I start a project, I always have an idea of what I might find. With you-"
she quickly corrected herself, "with this- I don't.."
She was in over head, that was certain.

He didn't need to bribe her with prestige or make it seem like she had a choice in the matter. Victoria Weston did not get out of bed every day because she hoped to name a cure after herself. She did it because it was her job. She made a committment to her country and lived to fulfill it. Simple enough. At least she told herself that it was simple. The ethical considerations alone were enough to drive her mad. So it was best to not linger on worries she can't control.

"I appreciate the offer, Commander, but I know orders when I hear them."
She drew herself straight and released a tightly held breath. "I'll start immediately. I already have samples from you and-"
she quickly snapped her jaw shut. Fuck me. She almost incriminated herself. She'd used her work as justification to find answers on her own; answers to questions her superiors hadn't wanted her to ask.

Her mind raced while she played off the wording as a common stutter. "If you could provide me samples from other members of your team, they will give me comparisons that I can use to build a database."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-06-2014, 04:24 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-10-2014, 06:41 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-12-2014, 06:34 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-20-2014, 08:08 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-20-2014, 10:04 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-21-2014, 06:06 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-23-2014, 07:54 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-04-2014, 09:13 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-09-2014, 07:57 AM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-11-2014, 05:21 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-13-2014, 09:15 PM