This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

First Steps
His new-found diplomatic posturing was worn thin but if he could control the rage of power, he could damn well posture a few minutes longer.

"Of course you are not expected to provide immediate results. It is an area beyond anyone's realm of capability, but we must start somewhere. 'Rome was not built in a day', but eventually it became the greatest empire of the ancient world. I am confident that if anyone can make sense of it, it will be you."

Bah, it sounded stupid to him, but it seemed grandiose enough for Nikolai's standards. Nonetheless, he repressed a sigh of frustration at the formality of this nonsense. She had saved his life - even after learning about his powers - and he had trusted her with it. What did she hold back behind her impassive expression. He had thrown away his usual defences, perhaps that was not enough?

His frustration was directed at himself more than anything. His world had expanded dramatically and he was barely keeping afloat, and if it showed on his face, Dr. Weston would be one of a handful to ever see such weakness in him.

"You will receive whatever you think you need. A team of your choice, equipment, supplies. But enough of that."
His patience had lasted long enough. "You don't even know what you need, nor do I. I am not a frog to be dissected. We need to co-operate. I can explain what I understand, that can be our starting point."
He paused, remembering the nature of this 'offer'. "If you choose to accept."
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-06-2014, 04:24 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-10-2014, 06:41 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-12-2014, 06:34 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-20-2014, 08:08 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-20-2014, 10:04 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-21-2014, 06:06 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-23-2014, 07:54 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-04-2014, 09:13 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-09-2014, 07:57 AM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-11-2014, 05:21 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-13-2014, 09:15 PM