This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

First Steps
The Kremlin was cold at this early hour but it was the middle of winter and could not be helped. As much as he wished to be home in bed Michael was sat at a sparsely decorated desk draped in layers of warm black cloth. The fine cut coat that was the outermost layer was fresh and crisp as befitted an officer of the Custody.

It was a perk along with the temporary office of his new found position. He even had his own receptionist. The old Russian man had a sharp eye for detail and formality among a list of credentials Michael would discover in due time.

Today however, was not time time. These were only the first steps in a long and dangerous journey. Valdir's demise was an unpleasant reminder of the pitfalls but it was not a lesson that passed unheeded.

At a quick tap on the door Michael raised his head from the datapad in his hand.

"Ahh, Sir,"
the slender, grey haired man poked his head through the door. "I happened to notice you have scheduled a meeting."
The surprise in his voice was well concealed but not hidden.

"Yes, it is almost time."

"I did observe that, sir."
A pause.

"Yes?"

"Well, as I am sure you know one of my tasks is managing your schedule. If I may offer a word of advice, such...abrupt meetings are often received poorly."

"Thank you for the advice, Leon."
Michael said. It was hard to dislike the man even if his words were of reproach. "Unfortunately, time does not stand still for me."

Leon nodded in grave understanding. One would think he had known Michael since birth. "Very well, sir. Is there anything you would like me to do?"

"No, that will be all. Send Dr. Weston in as soon as she arrives."

Edited by Michael Vellas, Nov 6 2014, 04:25 PM.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-06-2014, 04:24 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-10-2014, 06:41 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-12-2014, 06:34 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-20-2014, 08:08 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-20-2014, 10:04 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-21-2014, 06:06 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-23-2014, 07:54 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-04-2014, 09:13 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-09-2014, 07:57 AM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-11-2014, 05:21 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-13-2014, 09:15 PM