This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Script

Pale faced, Katya looked at the woman she was certain would be the death of her. After the call, after she had been practically summoned to this place, her mind could do nothing but race. What were they going to do with her? Were they upset that she had published so much on the Ascendancy? If they were upset, Katya knew that she could do little for it, so she just sat down and complied, completely silent as this woman – an older woman, certainly, with a professional air about her – asked her questions. They were hard to swallow, and harder to work through with her mind, but eventually, the girl replied – and she sounded very much like a girl.

And what came spilling out was the truth. All of it. Katya had never been put in this situation before.

“I did,” she told the woman, her voice sharp and to the point. “Though I feel that is because I have had other things – stranger things – happen around me.” Could she let her know that she, too, held the power? That she could incinerate this desk with one mere thought? The glowing orb in the distance of her mind beckoned her closer. Thinking on it never helped. It made it worse. Always.

She smoothed down her skirts. She had come in a cotton blouse and black skirts. Simple enough, she supposed. Then she took in a deep breath, and continued. She would have to say it. “I can control the same sort of power the Ascendancy describes, I think. I don’t know the details, but it isn’t the same power. But they share characteristics. It’s very odd, Miss Aexandrova. I think that’s what led me to linking mythology to him. Because I have linked it to myself. Not that I am in any way similar to the Ascendancy. I used my own… powers… as a building block. If that makes sense?”

She was sweating nervously. Lord, help her through this!

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 08-03-2016, 04:07 PM
[No subject] - by Katya Alokhin - 08-03-2016, 05:12 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 08-04-2016, 11:04 PM
[No subject] - by Katya Alokhin - 08-05-2016, 11:45 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 08-07-2016, 01:55 AM