This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

L'Etat, c'est moi
Michael continued to examine Victoria. She hid her emotions well, but he knew enough of this power and people's reactions to it that he could understand the basics of what went through her mind. She was a hard woman, wound tight and prided herself on military stoicism. In short, everything that he hated, and usually the slowest learners. One had to be flexible and adaptive to such strange powers.

For all her assurances, he doubted it would come easy.

Her tone, flat and neutral as it was, irked him. "It is not an idea, it is a requirement. Military protocol means nothing. The most disciplined man or woman can fall prey to the ecstasy and seduction of our powers. A block is a blessing for the untrained, it limits your ability to cause chaos. Untrained, with unrestrained access to such destructive force will end in disaster. One single misstep - a net spun incorrectly - and one could either kill themselves or reduce a house to rubble."

He paused and leaned forward once more, his eyes burning. He understood the woman well. She thought herself ready, but she knew nothing of the dangers. He would make her understand. "It has been nearly four years since my ability was awoken. Do you know the first thing I did? Unconsciously, with no concept of what power lay inside, I spun death. I killed one of my closest friends - tore his heart apart with no more effort than drawing breath. I was hunted by those who deem us demons to be slaughtered, and they too died as I lashed out wildly trying to defend myself. Dozens died by my hand, the destruction wrought by ignorance can be devastating."

With that said, he leaned back once more. "Forget everything you think you know about this power; it will kill you if you underestimate it. We play with fire, Victoria, a fire as hot as the sun. Calling you a child was no insult. I am trying to protect you from yourself. Do not make the same mistakes I have done."

"That is all. You are free until everything is organised with the Ascendancy. I recommend you do not attempt to use your power until you come to the facility - there, I will do my best to keep you from dying."
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 12:14 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 01:12 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 01:54 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 02:43 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 08:18 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-08-2016, 10:44 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-09-2016, 04:48 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-09-2016, 07:34 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-12-2016, 10:51 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-20-2016, 09:16 AM