This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

L'Etat, c'est moi
Much better. Victoria Wolff had proven herself to be adaptable while not allowing herself to be cowed. That would be good, particularly where Nikolai was concerned. She was one of the first women to join their ranks, most likely to be an influential figure for them in the future. Michael could not teach them, but this one could; if she knew how.

At her questions, Michael shrugged. "Koertig might want to meet you later, but it isn't necessary. He has no idea what he's dealing with anyway. He may be a good military officer, but he can't help you."

Michael led the group to a free office for the moment. It wasn't hard with the Kremlin still in lock-down. Most unprofessional, temporarily occupying someone's office. Maybe that would bother her, but she would get used to it.

Michael sat behind the utilitarian desk and gestured to the chair facing him. A perfect office for a perfect government. It was sickening.

"Karim, Allen, please wait outside. Make sure nobody interferes,"
he ordered the two Ascendants, who nodded and left.

In private now, Michael seized the Ascendant power letting it flow through his body. He spun a web he had picked up that distorted sound. Any camera or recording devices would pick up static. Possibly unnecessary, but one could never be too careful.

His nerves were calmed by the bright presence of the Ascendant power. The familiar warmth and raging life steadied any hesitation he felt before. He turned back to Victoria with a cool gaze, able to study her properly for the first time.

Harsh and rigid was his first impression. A true soldier. Great. More soldiers.

It was something Tony could never understand, Michael's distaste for the military. After all, how could he loathe what he was a part of?

He pushed the thought from his mind. It was of no consequence if people didn't understand.

Finally, he spoke, cool and calm. "Of course I know why you're here. As to where you will be going, that depends."

He leaned forward. "You have a power few men or women alive posses. One that Koertig can never understand. He might oversee the Special Forces which we are placed under, but it is merely for show."

And no doubt Nikolai's way of tempering his pets.

"I can't recall the name they gave us,"
he continued frankly, "but our task is to gather and train those with our powers. The Ascendant power, as the Ascendancy likes to call it. It's as good a name as any."

He paused, recalling the incident in the reception room. "It seems to me that you haven't broken through the Block on your abilities. Does it have something to do with your gun? If you wanted to attack me, you wouldn't use a firearm."

"That can be dealt with, in time. Although I am not sure how much I can do. You will notice that males and females work the Ascendant power differently. I don't know why, so don't bother asking."

Michael leaned back in the chair. It was awfully uncomfortable. Someone should really upgrade the facilities. "You're probably wondering where I fit in? Truthfully, I don't know or care. We are outside anything the military has ever known. Besides Nikolai, I am the first Ascendant to be 'registered' so to speak. There are others out there with more experience, no doubt, but in here, with the others that have joined the Custody's program, I am the most experienced and the strongest. I taught the rest - whom you will see, in time - to safely use their talents.I can't train you like I can do with those two outside. However, I can help by telling you what I know, and telling you what you must do. So, what do you wish to know?"
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 12:14 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 01:12 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 01:54 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 02:43 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 08:18 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-08-2016, 10:44 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-09-2016, 04:48 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-09-2016, 07:34 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-12-2016, 10:51 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-20-2016, 09:16 AM