This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Your father
Sometime after sunset on day after the thwarted nuclear attempt, an attack that the consulate on public affairs and propoganda invented, lights flared brightly upon the walls of the Kremlin. The red brick glowed hellish, casting the crowd with a demonic shroud.

The crowd had been there all day and unlike in the days leading up to the construction of the monumet, they were perfectly peaceful. Optimistic, even. Having fed upon the love of their leader and the sacrifice he made of his body to save the city from ahnillation, they gathered to display their hope and wellbeing for the Ascendancy.

When the lights flooded the balcony and Nikolai emerged, unscathed, unharmed, and unblemished, a collective gasp of awe sucked the air from the Red Square. It was followed by a massive roar of cheering, to the extent that rivaled the construction of the Arch, but this time, was not overshadowed by fear.

His voice echoed over the crowd, amplified by waves of power, carrying it to every ear.

"I stand before you whole!"
He bellowed with a smile. "I promised I would keep you safe! Yesterday, I discovered a nuclear threat here in the heart of your fatherland. I contained the blast. I saved you, as I always promised I would. It broke my body, but I am restored in strength! I will never abandon you! Your father lives!"

The speech was short, and Nikolai left the spotlight soon after to attend a press conference. There, he answered a few more questions about his injuries and recovery. He admitted little in the way of details, but he hinted at the possibility of immortality. Of course, his age, in his sixties, was always brought up at times like these, but he only shrugged and smiled. Saying he was as healthy and strong as ever in his life.

The press loved the turn of events. Not only were the before and after images spread wide throughout the empire, but numerous hours were spent among the media theorizing upon the miracle. For a time, the Ascendancy was beloved once more and peace settled upon the empire once again.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-19-2016, 03:40 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-20-2016, 02:34 PM