This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Don't Sweat the Technique
Marcus cataloged everything about her appearance and demeanor in a moment. She was pretty, far more so than she appeared in pictures. But there was no aloofness or arrogance to her. She didn't appear to realize it, very much the opposite of Spectra. Malik squirmed with pleasure at the memory. Dr. Zayed was far different. Fresh; Interested; Open. He decided on his tack.

Mirroring her mood, he smiled widely, his eyes friendly. 'Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, Dr. Zayed."
He did not add that he knew she was probably busy. He wouldn't go overboard in his accommodating. He was Consul, she a researcher. Obsequiousness was not part of the plan. He gestured to one of the chairs in front of his desk and took the one next to it. Much better than sitting across the desk from her. Balance was the key.

He looked at her for a moment, as if studying her, as if deciding how much to tell her. In truth, he already knew what he was going to say. Finally, "I am sure you are wondering why I asked you to come here. Why the Consulate on Channeling in particular would be interested in your work. Perhaps you have already guessed why."
Likely, she didn't. She had her work and her equations- those Bose-Einstein condensates in particular. Whether she saw any connection to using the Force- or had even considered it- was unlikely. Still...

"While I cannot pretend to have understood the full ramifications of your work as a whole- or the details behind it- there were a few things that caught my attention. I was hoping you'd be willing to explain things a bit more for me."

He pulled the piece of paper from his desk with his notes- a formality, but necessary. "From what I understand, your work specializes in Dark Matter and Energy. You believe you have discovered the particle that mediates the Dark Energy force. And most intriguing, you believe it may be another fundamental force aside from gravity, electromagnetic, strong and weak nuclear forces. Do I understand that correctly?"

It had taken rereading more than a few times, but he was reasonably sure of his recounting. He hungered for knowledge. Knowledge was power. Jensen James had it and he hoped to study out and learn more of what the man did.

Dr. Zayed held a different sort, one the more neatly dovetailed into his own work. He was aware of the Force modified metal ball in his pocket. Another tool. To be used when the time was right.

Edited by Marcus DuBois, Oct 25 2017, 08:58 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 08-11-2017, 06:04 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 08-16-2017, 03:45 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 08-17-2017, 12:05 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 10-19-2017, 09:29 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 10-25-2017, 05:40 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 10-26-2017, 07:52 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 10-26-2017, 09:02 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 10-30-2017, 08:44 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 10-31-2017, 07:38 PM
[No subject] - by Danika - 11-02-2017, 07:44 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-05-2017, 08:20 PM