This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

John Carlyle
As he paced around the room, Carlyle became more and more agitated. How could these idiotic democrats possibly even take this into consideration? Us? Join the CCD?
He sat back down at the head of the table, cleared his throat, and began to put the fools back in their place. “Gentlemen. What you have just suggested may quite well be the most idiotic and self-destructive thing I have heard in my life.”

Senator Moore, a 50 year old overweight man replied with a look of contempt and arrogance on his face. “Listen to me. What you call self-destructive is in fact the greatest act of self-preservation ever put before congress. I don’t need to run through the numbers again. You know them as well as I do. America today is a but a shadow of it’s former self. All this annexation will do is help rebuild America. Freedom doesn’t keep the lights on at night.”

Carlyle leaned back haughtily in his chair with a slight smile and replied, “You’re right. The Carlyle Group keeps the lights on at night.”

Senator Moore frowned and said, “Are you admitting to being a corporatist and a sellout? The CCD offers us equality for all! We get security! We get a better economy! We get a chance to survive!”

Carlyle replied “If we were to join the CCD, my position in America would guarantee that I would be the patron of this new dominance within a week. I could do whatever I wanted, imprison you permanently, and ‘employ’, for no pay, another 2 million people do build my products. As far as I’m concerned, joining the dominance would be the most profitable maneuver of my life! But the fact of the matter is, I love America. I love what America stands for, and I will never give up on her. Now, if you’ll excuse me, Senator Moore, I have dinner plans with my wife during which we will happily watch your initiative fail.”

Carlyle stood up. Moore fell silent. Defeated. Bastard preferred to preserve his political prospects rather than fight for America.
Edited by John Carlyle, Feb 1 2014, 08:26 PM.

Messages In This Thread
Re: John Carlyle - by John Carlyle - 02-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Re: John Carlyle - by John Carlyle - 02-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Re: John Carlyle - by John Carlyle - 02-01-2014, 08:24 PM