This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Full Circle
[Image: kas.jpg]
Kasimir

When the door closed behind her, he could quite believe it. She had promised… hadn’t she? He thought back furiously, to try recall her exact wording, but was thwarted by an anger that made everything grow black and querulous. She left me…

Zara’s sobs stilled, and Sharain left her to place a hand on Kas’ shoulder. It was a gentle touch – almost hesitant – but to Kasimir it might as well have been wrenching him back to the Dark One’s pit. His jaw hardened, fists clenching and unclenching as he fought to get a reign on his emotions. They treat me like a child, and I act like one.

“It’s for the best son,”
she said. Something about the set of her mouth betrayed that she would have said more – none of it, he imagined, very complimentary to the life he had been living, and where he had been living it, but worry for his father pulled her away, and she left with a simple squeeze to his shoulder. As though that were all the comfort he needed to pick up the pieces and carry on like none of this sorry debacle had ever happened.

His sister was crumpled on the floor, perhaps knocked down by the knowledge that she had attacked a bloody Aes Sedai. Left alone he stared at her as she sniffed and rubbed her face. Her large black eyes were pink and glassy, and hair had come free of her braids. She met Kasimir’s gaze, and it looked as though more tears might spill over the brim of her lashes. Her mouth opened to speak, but he cut her off coldly.

“Do you know what the penalty for assaulting an Aes Sedai is in Tar Valon, little sister?”

Her lips pursed, she looked down at her hands. She knew, of course she knew. “I didn’t mean…These past few months, they’ve just been so hard – and when I thought she was going to take you away again!”

“Malaika Sedai-”
how ironic that he should remember the honorific now, when it no longer mattered “-could have had your hide for it. But she’s not like that, and it’s not because we’re family. They’re not all bad, sis. And they’re not all witches.”

She stared at him, her resolve starting to overcome her tears. “They’ve brainwashed you, Kas.”

“Or did our honourable father do the brainwashing?”

“But she-”

“I left of my own accord. I swear it on the Creator, Jahzara. She didn’t keep me there against my will either. When mother sent the letter, I would not have come home at all if not for her encouragement.” And now she’s left without me, he thought coldly. Still, not the time to share that. He offered a hand to his sister, as well a wayward grin. “I’m still me, Zara.”

She nodded, and took his hand firmly in her own; but did not look convinced.
[Image: cherry-blosson.png]
• ChihiroKōta •
MalaikaKwan Yin • Diana

Messages In This Thread
Full Circle - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 05:27 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 05:29 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 09:43 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 09:48 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 09:51 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 09:57 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 10:00 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM