This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT Season 2 Episode 7 SPOILERS
Spoilers beware

I really liked the opening to this episode. Seeing Gitara’s vision as it was happening in tandem with the birth of the dragon was a great way to visualize what happened. The cute relationship between Siuan and Moiraine was totally on display and I loved the “and you’ll be MY fishwife” banter. It was so cute, it felt like one of them needed to boop the other on the nose! Plus side note, those blue outfits they wore were gorgeous! Upgrading them from Accepted to Aes Sedai at the time of the foretelling made a lot of sense.

I do not understand how there was a Seat for the Amyrlin to sit on in Cairhein. But i guess that’s movie magic? lol. The rest of the room was really pretty though. It kind of looks like the Cairhein throne room in general, so I’m wondering if that’s just a generic throne that just happens to look like the same throne as the Amyrlin Seat in the Hall of the Tower? I dont know.

Leane was awful cold to Moiraine! geez Leane.

Lan and Rand banter was also really good. I loved Lan being all Borderlander and teaching him the same stuff that in the books took place when Rand met the Amyrlin in Fal Dara. “Tuck in your shirt” was such a Lan thing to say. I also really loved Lan telling Rand to be a man by facing whatever came on his feet. But then later in the episode, the first time Rand gets shielded, he’s so NOT on his feet. Lol. Like Geez! come on Rand, at least stand up!

We did finally get Rand’s pretty black coat and cat crosses the courtyard! woo! I was happy with Lan in this scene.

I felt like Siuan talking about caging Rand was a foreshadowing of Dumai’s Wells.

I got pretty irritated with all the people in this episode calling Rand ‘boy’ all the time. He’s a grown ass man. Let’s move on from the boy. He’s not 14. lol. I’m not even going to comment on how one aes sedai was able to shield Rand. I dont know. It took 2 aes sedai constantly channeling to keep Logain shielded, so clearly they are trying to demonstrate that Rand is still early in his development, but it bugged me. Oh well. I’ll get over it. I know why they did it for story telling purposes. I’m pretty much already over it. Those are my two gripes, but that’s ok.

Mat asking Lanfear “who in the name of the Light are you” with extra emphasis on the “light” word made me smile.

Falme looked really pretty in this episode. Almost dreamy. and apparently they have donuts! I am thrilled they filmed all the Falme stuff on location in Morocco. Those vistas were beautiful and made it feel so much more real.
I really liked how Elayne kind of took over bossing Nyn around.

i really enjoyed how all the aes sedai in the courtyard outside the palace are giving each other the side-eye. lol.

The Mat-Ishy conversation was chillingly sinister. Ishy is just crushing the character. Then there was that moment when Mat realizes who he’s talking to and gets nervous, it was so subtle, yet I felt his fear. Brilliant moment. I am convinced Ishy lied through his teeth about the tea’s purpose. I think it is just hallucinogenic. Ishy’s argument totally makes sense. Sign me up as a DF.

Lanfear’s little quirks are perfect. Like her tapping her fingers on the TAR ‘throne’ while Rand is talking to her. and the “oh i do love it when you try to manipulate me.” gosh - perfect. Then we finally get to see some of the Forsaken flexing their power and being actually dangerous as she destroys everything as she walks through the city.

Bain and Chaid! <3 them. Hand talk!! “Life is a dream” quote!

Barthanes being a DF was seen a mile away, I wasn’t sure about his mother, though. So her listening through the grate made me smile because that’s such a Great Game thing to do!  Best surprise of the episode was Barthanes’ acting through the cell door as he talked to his mother.

Best line of the episode was Egwene’s: “Renna, I will kill you.” as she rebraids her hair.

Verin was kickass. Good job, Brown Ajah! And when she quoted the prophecy, I had chills.

I knew Moiraine wasn’t stilled! bawhahahahah. I feel vindicated. 

And Lanfear to the rescue!

To sum up, not my favorite episode of the season, but after rewatching it, I did get into it more. Definitely setting everyone up for the big show down in Falme.

Messages In This Thread
WOT Season 2 Episode 7 SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 09-29-2023, 09:53 PM
RE: WOT Season 2 Episode 7 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 10-01-2023, 10:46 AM