This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Connections, Money and Secrets [Almaz]
Jacob watched the scene burn like it was the last thing on earth. He was cleaning up whatever mess that the creature made. What it was that made it behave like a monster. It was beyond everything he could imagine. What was this boy into? It was about time he figured it out.

But that proved to be more difficult than he thought. They didn’t just let anyone into the pits. But apparently, acting like one of Nox’s trollops would work. “I only let his hussies down, for a price.”

Jacob laughed. “And what price is that. We had an arrangement.”

The guy at the gate, his eyes raised and he looked in thought. His head tilted to the side as he considered. “I saw him with Rusayev.”

“That’s for later. You know a guy like that has certain appetites…” Jacob winked.

“It makes sense.” he sighed and opened the gate and let Jacob slip past. It helped that if it weren’t for the age difference and the fact that he thought of the boy as a son he could fully have gotten behind the words. Nox reminded Jacob so much of Noah.

Jacob walked through the tunnel down to the floor and looked around as he did. The whole place smelled of blood and almost death. Nox was standing in the entry way of the arena he’d just exited. He glared at Jacob. He wasn’t really looking at him though, more just angry and flying on the emotions of the fight he just ended.

“What?” he growled.

“Not here to fight or steal your girl.”

“She’s not mine. I ask again, what?” He said as he sat down on the bench and stared into the arena and glared at the ashes.

“Seems you have a knack for getting into trouble and out of it. The Atharim have an offer.”

Nox laughed. “They are negotiating now. Instead of hunting me down and killing me. Got it. They can fuck off. That means you too.”

Jacob chuckled too. He sat down next to Nox and leaned on his elbows and stared into the arena. “I don’t think the main faction of Atharim will stop hunting you. But with your hacker friend in the system he can make your life a lot easier.”

Nox shook his head. “Someone wants my hacker to do a thing and I get what? My life.”

“No I think, that’s never going to be yours. But freedom of information. I just need a connection. And the hacker will need to stay in the system.”

Nox shrugged. “Whatever. Phone.”

Jacob handed Nox his phone. He tapped a few screens and numbers and then handed it back to Jacob.

“Done now.” Nox said and walked away. Jacob chuckled. “The guy at the gate thinks we are an item now.”

Nox just nodded. “Never gonna happen, old man.” He smirked as he stalked off to the showers.

“Your grandfather thought it was alright.”

He waved. “I did not need to know that.”

Jacob chuckled and left the underdark through a door marked exit. He’d gotten what he came for.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connections, Money and Secrets [Almaz] - by Jacob - 11-19-2023, 06:06 PM