This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Horn of Valere/Plotting/Past Life
Yeah, that works Asc. I like that we can mine these things and pick and choose what works or is interesting. That how RJ did it. Using those myths from the OT/NT as we like works. (Though I wonder if anyone would be bold enough to write Yahweh as a channeler "god" from the 6th age who is reborn. :-D From a historical perspective, it is not unfounded. There is a lot of evidence- textual and otherwise- that the god of the hebrews was in a pantheon of other gods (hence the term God of gods). He was sometimes paired a goddess consort, Asherah. And he apparantly had different names and incarnations depending on the town. But it might be somewhat insensitive- or at least troubling for some- to go down that route. Which I completely understand.)

Ohh...something occurs to me. At the end of WOT, Rand lit his pipe without the power. While this is never explained (on purpose), the implication is that he had transcended the pattern. That he had reached the point where he could weave the pattern itself- which he had done during his battle with the dark one. He had access to and even saw the souls outside the pattern.

He had become Neo in the Matrix.

What if, in the 5th or 6th age, there was a channeler (Rand/Nik level) who achieved that kind of transcendence. (And now I think of the Buddha, who had achieved Moksha/release and put off his passing to nirvana in order to teach enlightenment to others.)

What if this channeler...and why couldn't it be Amerasu?- had performed a similar feat back then to achieve enlightenment and was able to create the horn of valere against future need? Perhaps she had called previous souls to life in her power...and thus created a talisman to do it again?

Just making stuff up....

Messages In This Thread
Horn of Valere/Plotting/Past Life - by Thalia - 03-26-2023, 09:42 PM
RE: Horn of Valere/Plotting/Past Life - by Thalia - 03-27-2023, 03:05 PM
RE: Horn of Valere/Plotting/Past Life - by Thalia - 03-27-2023, 07:21 PM
RE: Horn of Valere/Plotting/Past Life - by Nox - 03-27-2023, 07:34 PM
RE: Horn of Valere/Plotting/Past Life - by Thalia - 03-27-2023, 09:26 PM
RE: Horn of Valere/Plotting/Past Life - by Marcus DuBois - 03-27-2023, 09:50 PM