This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Going Through the Motions
[[ continued from url ]]

The tears ended. No one came near him or interrupted him. He left the club without saying anything to anyone.

The train station where he kept Lily wasn’t far away and grabbed his small back and the Lotus and slipped into the tunnels to find a dark place to curl up and die.

He didn’t go far, he needed signal. His face was on fire. His body numb from everything else. If he thought about it too hard the horde rose up and filled the pain with the need for more. He wanted to feel numb.

Nox needed to hear Raffe’s voice even if he wasn’t speaking to him. But he didn’t dare call. Nox walked into the emptiness of the tunnels. Water dripping in the distance. No scratching to be heard.

He found a cranny in the wall and wove a ball of light and let it shine down on Lily. She’d need a good walk for real light, but it would do for now. He unrolled his bedroll and curled up in it and started typing a string of texts to Raffe (@"Raffe")

I know I said space and time.
Full disclosure.
I ran into Jay at the Almaz.
We fought — literally. It ended badly.
I’ll tell you about it all if we get through this.

Nox sighed and sent a final text.

Lily misses you.

He set the wallet down and tried to sleep.  His nightmares awaited.

Messages In This Thread
Going Through the Motions - by Nox - 01-15-2023, 10:17 PM
RE: Going Through the Motions - by Nox - 01-15-2023, 11:19 PM
RE: Going Through the Motions - by Nox - 01-15-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Going Through the Motions - by Nox - 01-16-2023, 12:37 PM
RE: Going Through the Motions - by Nox - 01-16-2023, 01:01 PM
RE: Going Through the Motions - by Nox - 01-16-2023, 08:33 PM
RE: Going Through the Motions - by Nox - 01-16-2023, 08:53 PM
RE: Going Through the Motions - by Nox - 01-17-2023, 04:25 PM