This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway)
[Image: priest.png]
Fr. Lochlan Fletcher
Carmelengo of the Holy See

It was late when Lochlan Fletcher was alerted of a need by the Holy Father. He lay aside the book he had been reading, gently laying a ribbon to mark the page, and hurried to the Pope’s aid. Lochlan was young by standards of a priest, although nearly thirty-five. He had a tendency to stay up late, which was why he was likely the target of the Holy Father’s requirements. The Cardinal Secretary of State would be another option, but Boros did not accompany the entourage this time. Lochlan’s curiosity for these sudden trips to the fledgling dioceses bid him volunteer despite the role of his normal office. As Carmelengo, Lochlan had little authority of his own but what the Pope deferred to him. In the case of Patricus I, that was next to nothing. As such, Lochlan managed the Holy Father’s household finances and oversaw such matters as the cleaning of cassocks or paying of bills. It was only when a Pope died that a Carmelengo’s responsibility grew exponentially. Although Lochlan did not think of such things.

He did well to hold his surprise when Patricus issued his requirement. The Holy Father’s rituals were well known in the Papal household regarding this time of night. He was always retired to the privacy of prayer and reading hours before now. Sometimes, Lochlan caught a glimpse of Patricus puffing on a cigarette from one of his balconies, but such was always the extent of his outings. If it weren’t for the extraordinary errand imposed upon Lochlan, he might have thought everything was normal and they were all encased within the walls of the Vatican. The room that the Holy Father took in the hotel was on an upper level, and what Lochlan might consider a suite. But most of the decorations had been removed, leaving only bare furniture. Most striking was the entire suite was lit by candle light. The Holy Father sat near a window with the curtains drawn tight, but positioned as if he might have been peeking through the side of the curtain upon the city without.

With a serene kiss upon the Papal ring, Lochlan hurried from the quarters in favor of the elevator. Soon after, he was knocking on a door that he had faith was correct. When it was answered, he bowed his head in greeting.
“Good evening and I am sorry for the late disturbance. I am Father Lochlan Fletcher. You may not be aware, or perhaps you are, but His Holiness, Patricus I is upstairs and has requested your attendance.”

He glanced at the room beyond when the door opened, noting whomever he might behold within. His curiosity was piqued, and despite the hour, he was quite alert. Whatever he saw, he kept his thoughts to himself.

“If you would be so kind as to accompany me, I will show you the way,” he added.
[Image: hiclipart.com_-e1597513863757.png]
Man is like God: he never changes. 

Messages In This Thread
The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway) - by Rowan Finnegan - 08-28-2022, 01:13 AM
RE: The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway) - by Armande - 09-05-2022, 10:37 PM
RE: The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway) - by Patricus I - 09-14-2022, 12:04 AM
RE: The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway) - by Armande - 11-21-2022, 03:45 AM
RE: The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway) - by Armande - 11-22-2022, 04:23 AM
RE: The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway) - by Valeriya - 11-27-2022, 04:51 PM
RE: The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway) - by Patricus I - 11-29-2022, 02:10 AM
RE: The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway) - by Armande - 12-19-2022, 04:22 AM
RE: The Great Hunt (Oslo, Norway) - by Patricus I - 12-30-2022, 02:40 AM