This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away!
Yeah, completely agree on the perfection of the TR and the single group blaming that went on. It wasn't realistic. I noticed it in book. Convenient scape goats. I've seen comments on how Abel Cauthon was done dirty and it ruins everything and I was like huh? He's like in one or two scenes in TSR and is portrayed as Tam-lite. He's not someone you get invested in. People looking for reasons to hate.

And nothing says that this isn't something he pulls out of. Or that he hadn't taught Mat about horses. Or anything else. That he doesn't get his own redemption arc.So yeah, way more texture in the TR here. A village worth saving with real people. Not caricatures.

I am hopeful they can play the perrin-laila thing correctly. I don't think it was necessary but it is done and I don't wish them to fall on their face. I want this to be good. Perrin and Mat never really had well drawn personalities until book 3 (though there was a bit of Perrin in TGH when Rand disappeared). You can't do that in the series. Mat is been fantastically done and it sucks that we wont see Barney for season 2 because I bet he could play Post Tower/Healing Mat perfectly. Perrin can work. It's a bigger complication with more far reaching ramifications, but maybe it can be done. As I said, I just hope he doesn't have a permanent cloud over him because his character got exhausting because of the one he already had. This just adds more. (I tired just THINKING of perrin).

Ishamael's philosophy was really good because it was about more than power. Others just wanted power for X reasons. He wanted an end to the endless rebirths and suffering. Of course, he caused as much suffering both in collateral things and in things he literally did (Thinking of the dream shard with the trapped tormented souls.) Not like he was a humanitarian. He wanted an end to HIS suffering. (Reminded me of the terrible Walberg movie Infinite where that was a primary motivation of the bad buy.) But when you view everything as temporary, it doesn't matter, in the long run.

Still, I love it's appearance in what appears to be some rando DF. Too bad she died. She was awesome. Having her take Mili Skane's place (the fox faced DF who tried to kill mat in book 1) would have been nice. But it's awesome that there are already more than the dumb and easiest reasons why someone serves the DL.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away! - by Beto - 11-24-2021, 03:45 PM