This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away!
(11-24-2021, 12:52 PM)Nox Wrote: Side note:  Anyone notice Moiraine has the little man with crossed legs angreal in the very opening scene?

I did notice the angreal. But I couldn't remember the description of HER angreal she always carried. 

Thal,

Yeah, the DF thing since too easy and boring. Her being on the green relaxing verses fain's waiting for the attack is good indicator. And I hadn't noticed the little finger thing. I think so many would like there to be a DF or PPD or some other reason for her to attack as it *APPEARS* to be the only way to resolve the trauma of Perrin's killing his wife the easiest.

Perrin was always the most Emo of the characters- and it made sense. But the wallowing levels and depths we saw got a bit much. That whole Faile kidnap and the competition with the First of Mayene only made things worse. And then, for it to be book 13 that we finally (FINALLY) got Perrin to face his true fears- his berserker mode- well, it was a cloud hanging over him.

The berserker fear had to be real and I get the killing of someone. But I just don't see how you resolve that or forgive yourself. Because it LITERALLY was your worst fear. Your berserker mode killed your wife. It feels like it's going "oh yeah? you thought Perrin got emo and mopey before? You ain't seen nothing yet." It just feels like a dark cloud over him that will, over all, pull his character down.

Yes, it's early and we've only seen 3 episodes. But that level of trauma. The only possible thing worse would be if it was his kid. I've personally known 2 people who killed their kids in accidents (both backing over them- this was over 20 years ago.) You don't come back from that. They didn't. A wife...that's a little less horror- but only by that much.

It seems like too much to have put on him. Ultimately, I think that's why we see so many ideas that sort of mitigate Perrin's actions because it seem like the only way to have him realistically get to the places he needs to be. As mopey and emo as he was, he still had his moments of humor and love and other things.

So I hope they can do it. Because they set a massive task before htem that, ultimately, was completely unnecessary and could threaten to derail Perrin's character- and whatever else changes they make I'm fine as long as the characters stay true to the spirit (well, egewene is 1000% better, so that I don't mind ;-) 

They have a lot on their plate already. They just added a 10 pound cut of gristle to the meal. I honestly hope they can do this. This cannot be resolved in an episode or two. not and be believable in any way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away! - by Beto - 11-24-2021, 03:05 PM