This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Quiet Crossroads (Lake Baikal, Siberia)
Kemala did not exactly answer the question, though he hadn’t expected her to do so. Roles reversed he doubted he’d have answered it either, at least not with full disclosure. She said enough in what she didn’t say though, and it satisfied the raw edges of his curiosity without diminishing the hunger. If anything it sharpened the attention he laid upon her. People usually sorted themselves into categories with little effort on Sören’s part; which was to say even those he found useful were rarely of actual interest to him beyond that use.

She made an assumption of his intentions at the lake, but he didn’t deny it. It had been the point of his storytelling, after all. The conversation slipped to mutual shores, and he let her steer it there despite so much mystery still shrouding her own story. Meanwhile she amused herself at his expense, but he didn’t appear to mind. His lips quirked into half a smile. “I think I would not drown,” he said. Little changed in his expression, but perhaps he did not only mean swimming. 

Sören’s competencies had breadth if not necessarily expertise, but his truest skills lie in orchestration -- as befit a true king. He tipped a shoulder, leaning onto his forearms. He did not drop her gaze, wondering if she would offer the bargain of her aid herself or if he might need to reel a little tighter. “However I would prefer not to be so ill prepared this time.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Quiet Crossroads (Lake Baikal, Siberia) - by Sören - 01-19-2021, 03:56 PM