This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Where there is ruin... (Ireland)
  “Snakes!?” Aiden exclaimed in a hushed whisper, “You don’t mean…”

Atharim is what he had wanted to say, but who could tell whether there were listening ears around them? One wrong word might be their undoing. Sage seemed anxious, so it very well could be that Jaxen had found the one Snake lurking in the area, but then, Sage’s words were not urgent. They always had been when he spoke of the Atharim, trying to impress the seriousness of the cult onto Aiden. He risked looking over his shoulder and, sure enough, Jaxen was chatting up an unremarkable woman. Perhaps Sage had been speaking plainly?

Aiden cocked an eyebrow and looked back to Sage, “I think I misunderstood you… yes. Lets regroup.”

Arms still linked, Aiden and Sage moved away from their perch and found their way back to Jaxen, drone buzzing silently overhead. The man was still speaking with that mystery woman. Embracing the Light, Aiden just held it and used his improved senses to listen in on Jaxen.

“I’m Jaxen.”

“Ethelinda, but everyone calls me Lindy.”

Aiden had waited too long to hear more. He let the Light go as they drew close to the pair. Plastering a wide grin on his face, Aiden waved a hand at them and called out so they were not startled.

“Jaxen! You rascal. Forgot to tell me you had friends in Ireland? Shame on you,” Aiden called out in a mock-scolding tone. He followed that up with a hearty chuckle, if only so that the woman knew he was not actually admonishing Jaxen. With a careful move, Aiden extracted his arm from Sages and offered the woman his hand in greeting, “Aiden McNally and this is my boyfriend, Sage. Careful around Jaxen, he is quite the heartbreaker.”

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 05-07-2020, 10:22 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 05-12-2020, 10:03 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 05-31-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Aiden Finnegan - 06-10-2020, 01:36 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 06-18-2020, 09:59 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 07-08-2020, 10:10 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 07-20-2020, 10:47 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 09-02-2020, 10:50 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 09-11-2020, 07:50 PM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 01-14-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: Where there is ruin... (Ireland) - by Sage - 04-12-2021, 01:33 PM