This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Mountain of Information
The directions were pretty clear about where he was going but he was greeted by a man who he'd probably seen at the gala if the uniform were anything to say. Jay had been wearing an identical one and that meant he was one of the Nine Rods of Dominion. The nickname that seemed to pass between people made Nox bit his lips, pulling them in to keep from snickering out loud at the crude comments he'd heard from his friends. Fondy calling them the Rods in private was one thing but to anyone other than Jay it was likely not going to go over well. He offered him his hand and Nox shook firmly. "I am Nox. But god I don't know who's talking about me. And by famous I think you mean infamous, the Atharim have tried to kill me twice now, so let's not tell them I'm here too. Last thing the Ascendancy needs is another attack in his home."

Nox did, however, blush a little at the autograph, but he just shrugged it off. "Yeah I can sign whatever if you were serious if not I'll still sign whatever and then you can send it to Jay and say 'hey look what I got. Better than that what you got'. And let him figure out if I told you. or make him wonder what else you might mean." Nox laughed.

The directions had been clear. And Nox pointed in the direction he was supposed to go when Sanjay kept walking in another direction. "I think I was supposed to go that way."

Sanjay smiled. "I was sent to take you this way."

Uh, okay. Marcus DuBois was who he thought he might go see, but now where was he going. That was always a bit of a concern here. Ascendancy had threatened his life twice in the past, now he was working for him, but still that didn't mean he didn't want him dead. There was a long list of people trying to kill him so what was one more. The darkness started to rise and Nox took a deep breath and calmed himself with memories of falling asleep with Raffe's heart beating in his ear. "Okay, so who's talking about me? It's not like I make statues out of buildings or anything."

Messages In This Thread
A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 04-21-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 04-27-2020, 11:41 PM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 04-28-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 04-29-2020, 01:43 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 04-29-2020, 11:01 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 05-02-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 05-02-2020, 01:14 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 05-04-2020, 01:15 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 05-04-2020, 09:57 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 05-05-2020, 03:29 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 05-05-2020, 10:21 AM