This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Call
He gave her a lopsided grin , one eyebrow raised. "Well, not all of us can be super-geniuses, now can we?" A tease. But the fact is, she was incredibly intelligent. The drone she had cobbled together from scavenged parts was simply amazing. Yes, commercial ones were far superior and with more features. But they were made by hundreds of engineers and designers and programmers. Not by a young woman with no college and a pile of junk and some online videos.

He looked out the window as the countryside zipped by. For the first time in a long while, his country was at peace. Families were being united. Homes being rebuilt and towns coming to life again. The past could never be undone. He learned that long ago, one terrible evening. He looked at his sister, feeling a sense of contentment. At least for a moment. His face relaxed and he tipped his head back to the seat, eyes closed. "It feels so goof to rest. To be at peace. The people needed it." Opening his eyes again, he looked at her with a slight smile. He had no idea what the future held. Only God knew.

But he had his sister. "I don't think I have ever told you thank you. For staying with me." He chuckled. "For reminding me who I am. That I am not an icon. For the way you have been so good to Rohama and Maryam. A friend to Ibrihim. For being you."

He could sense them getting closer to Axum. The train was decelerating already. His smile turned into a slight frown but he stifled the worry that wormed in his heart. He pursed his lips and studied his sister's dark eyes. "I know you worry for me. And I appreciate that, sister. It feels....nice to be cared for."

The train was slowing.

Messages In This Thread
A Call - by Idris - 01-26-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: A Call - by Sesuna - 01-30-2020, 03:30 PM
RE: A Call - by Idris - 01-31-2020, 04:43 AM
RE: A Call - by Sesuna - 02-01-2020, 11:19 PM
RE: A Call - by Idris - 02-02-2020, 05:37 AM
RE: A Call - by Sesuna - 02-04-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: A Call - by Idris - 02-06-2020, 02:48 AM
RE: A Call - by Sesuna - 03-12-2020, 02:13 PM
RE: A Call - by Idris - 03-12-2020, 09:51 PM
RE: A Call - by Sesuna - 03-19-2020, 12:37 PM