This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preparation Required
Liv couldn't help but laugh, perhaps more embarressed than she expected. She was no prude, but...it wasn't something she had thought of in a long while. Sex and relationships were inextricably tied together in her mind. Something to avoid.

She realized how very empty she was. She had her family. And her friends were around. But she couldn't help but feel like a third wheel with them. Most had settled into relationships or routines- or had at least found something to do with life.

No. If she was truthful, she kept everyone at arms length- even her family. Shame. She just couldn't bring herself to be open.

Trapped. God she was trapped. She felt like in some ways, she was dying, suffocated by loneliness.

If a tree falls in the forest....except, no. That wasn't it.

If you live forever cut off from everyone, are you really alive?

She pushed the thought away.

Instead, she listened to what Ilesha was really saying. And she felt a wistfulness come over her. The smell of the freshly cut grass and the warm air made her pause. She looked around, the well kept grounds- its overwhelming living beauty only seeming to enhance that ache in her mind.

Her voice was quiet. "When you put it like that, I guess not. I feel jealous of you now." A lopsided smile burst out. "No! Not that way." She paused. "I guess I'd just like to find something like that for myself."

Messages In This Thread
Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-10-2019, 06:01 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-10-2019, 07:37 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-10-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-11-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-11-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-12-2019, 02:47 AM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-12-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-13-2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-13-2019, 04:24 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-13-2019, 06:34 PM