10-02-2026, 07:20 PM
Claude shrugged. "Honestly, I don't know. It feeds off of chaos - as long as it's getting that, well, I assume it will keep feeding. I don't know of one that has lasted that long. Then again - they're rare creatures - don't have a whole lot of information on them." which was in some ways scarier than the monsters themselves.
"Fairy tales and legends tell us of many things such as this. The Fae, the Sidhe, whatever you want to call them. They make bargains - they're drawn to it like moths to a flame." Claude began to go down a tangential line of thought. "All sorts of these myths have some sort of truth to them. Gods, monsters, whatever. The struggle is separating the myths from the truth. Humanity as a whole is figuring out that. Hopefully they remember some of the lessons there. Making bargains with supernatural creatures doesn't end well. Knowing if something is a human offering help or if something is a creature looking to feed - I have a feeling that will be a good skill to have."
Claude chuckled. "Sorry - along with being a hunter, I'm sort of an academic too - puzzles are something I enjoy solving." Idly, Claude wondered how Nora's research was coming.
"Fairy tales and legends tell us of many things such as this. The Fae, the Sidhe, whatever you want to call them. They make bargains - they're drawn to it like moths to a flame." Claude began to go down a tangential line of thought. "All sorts of these myths have some sort of truth to them. Gods, monsters, whatever. The struggle is separating the myths from the truth. Humanity as a whole is figuring out that. Hopefully they remember some of the lessons there. Making bargains with supernatural creatures doesn't end well. Knowing if something is a human offering help or if something is a creature looking to feed - I have a feeling that will be a good skill to have."
Claude chuckled. "Sorry - along with being a hunter, I'm sort of an academic too - puzzles are something I enjoy solving." Idly, Claude wondered how Nora's research was coming.


![[Image: Shield-removebg-preview.png?w=500&ssl=1]](https://i0.wp.com/thefirstage.org/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/Shield-removebg-preview.png?w=500&ssl=1)