This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

They Found Me
This was one of many reasons Connor loved his wife. She listened to him. Like she really listened, rather than just go off on what she had decided, regardless. She respected his feelings. This was a real partnership.

Because Connor felt the same about her. Because she was actually right. This wasn't about Atharim. This was about America, about its government. 

Connor wouldn't deny that he'd kept his head in the sand since they'd left Moscow. The....world shaking events he'd found himself in the middle of- ancient societies killing people with god-like powers, creatures of mist, being brought back from near death- well, to say he wanted to leave all of that behind and just live a simple life with his wife and family, was a massive understatement. 

That feeling had also bled into politics. He didn't pay much attention. As far as he was concerned, whomever was in charge, he figured it was best to just lay low and just try to keep his family safe.

Still, even with all that, he knew he wasn't a big fan of the current administration. He didn't have any better ideas, not really. But neither did he like the current crop. He was old enough to have seen almost a dozen elections. He'd seen the difference between words and actions, the frivolous stupidities, the waste of people and money and resources.

But neither was he ok with things like assassination. The law was set them apart, equally and fairly applied to all. Principles, he knew. And despite those ideals, America had always struggled in applying them equally. History, as he had both seen and learned first hand, portrayed an America that had always been aspirational; that continued to struggle to live up to those ideals, to make them apply to everyone. The ever widening of those principles, though, applying them to more and more people, was why he still loved this country.

And he cared. If Nox was going to kill the president or anyone else, that couldn't be allowed. He had liked the kid. But he wasn't gonna let that kind of thing happen.

It was simple as that. His face hardened and he nodded. "OK. We see if he can explain. But if he isn't going to stop...."

He paused. Ayden was a weapon. But she was also his wife. He looked at her. "I can meet with him. Talk to him. Find out....what we need to know. If he does need to be...stopped, well, you can be the surprise." A smile formed there at the end.

He knew it was a simple plan. More like a suggestion. But if she was game, she'd flesh it out.

Messages In This Thread
They Found Me - by Ayden - 07-29-2024, 12:40 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 07-30-2024, 10:03 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-01-2024, 04:02 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-02-2024, 10:44 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-05-2024, 03:52 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-05-2024, 10:40 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-25-2024, 09:22 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-26-2024, 06:53 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-28-2024, 03:24 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-28-2024, 11:04 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 09-03-2024, 04:43 AM