The First Age
Legion Premiere releases combat footage - Printable Version

+- The First Age (https://thefirstage.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Rest of the world (https://thefirstage.org/forums/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: The Scroll (https://thefirstage.org/forums/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Legion Premiere releases combat footage (/thread-893.html)

- Jacques - 11-08-2014

Maghreb Arabe Press, Morocco national news agency
Author: Yasmine Chastain

In a shocking and unexpected release, the private security company known as Legion Premiere has released footage of the fighting on the outskirts of Mecca, considered the birth place of the violent fighting that has rocked Dominance V in recent weeks.

Over ten hours of video feed assembled from the Landwarrior cameras of some of the nearly two hundred private security operators that died during the daring rescue operation that saw hundreds of CCD civilians and soldiers escape the chaotic fighting in the city of Jedah was released at 8 AM, Morocco time.

The CEO of Legion Premiere, Jacques Danjou, is the youngest CEO of any private security company currently in operation, and has held the position with the full backing of the company's myriad investors for only five years. The company has until recently entertained contracts solely in Africa, and in light of the recent losses in Dominance V and the ongoing strife in Sierra Leone, will not be seen setting foot outside the continent any time soon. Until the incident in DV, Mr Danjou was seen as a business savvy and charismatic leader who, in the minds of many, could do no wrong, but it is yet to be seen what sort of difficulty the company will face in his recent bold decisions.

A statement by Mr Danjou was released alongside the graphic footage, a portion of which is quoted here;

"Too often do the horrors and injustices of the world get ignored by those of more 'enlightened' societies. Far removed from events seen on the evening news, reports of the deaths of dozens, even hundreds, are briefly lamented then forgotten by the end of the commercial break. It is time for this to end.

"I have chosen to make the final recordings of my men open to the public. The sanitized images and stories told on the news rarely scratch the surface of what truly transpires, or more often only tells one side, to achieve a political agenda, or to make the most money possible.

"Few sitting in their homes, at work, in their favorite coffee shop, that hear my words truly know what it is that I sent my men to their deaths for, or why they were willing to go. It was not for money, or foolish pride. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. A quote many of you have likely heard throughout your lives, thrown out by those seeking to motivate their listeners to vote against their rivals in elections, or to donate money to a cause.

"No man, who is not inflamed by vain-glory into enthusiasm, can flatter himself that his single, unsupported, desultory, unsystematic endeavours are of power to defeat the subtle designs and united Cabals of ambitious citizens. When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke, an Anglo-Irish author and statesman of the mid-18th century.

"Until such time as the member-states of the African Union step forward. Until such time that the citizens of the countless failed-states of Africa seek to act in their own common interests. The men of Legion Premiere shall do all in our power to hold the line. That children may go to school and not fear the rifle. That families may attend church or temple or mosque or synagogue without fear of violence or reprisal. That families may live without knowing the loss of loved ones to needless conflict and hate.

"Many of you already assume I speak towards some unseen political goal. And to you, I have nothing to say. I need not prove myself or the motivations of the men under my command. Past and future action shall speak for that. My men are of strong spirit and stronger resolve, and I trust every last one of them with my life, that they share my dream of a day that no child of Africa need carry a gun. A day when men such as myself and my men are no longer needed.

"This is a dream that cannot be achieved alone. Organizations such as Médecins Sans Frontières, the Red Cross/Red Crescent, and many other NGOs are in desperate need of qualified volunteers and donations, such as the generous and prompt financial support by organizations such as Shale Industries, in the name of the recently passed parents of current CEO, Emily Shale. And for those of you who are bold enough, the Legion's doors are always open."

Copies of Mr Danjou's statement and the combat footage from Dominance V were released simultaneously on dozens of news feeds and public forums world wide, and have already garnished thousands of views and much buzz-feed. Some countries have already banned any viewing of the footage, often siting it as 'too graphic' in nature, although much debate on various forums seem to argue against that reasoning, as the footage is heavily edited by the Legion Premiere public relations department.

Highlights of the footage include the apparent rescue of hostages and CCD civilians that were caught in the fighting, including a daring raid on an all-boys post-secondary education center in Jedah, and a mall and hospital near the city's center. Footage also shows the little understood final stand on the outskirts of the city's main airport, where most of the civilian and CCD soldiers were airlifted to safety.

Many conspiracy theorists and those in support of the ongoing debate over recent declarations of 'magic' by United States news icon Nicholas Trano, site what appears to be some sort of sustained artillery barrage, as proof of Mr Trano's announcement as a modern-day magician.

Edited by Jacques, Nov 8 2014, 04:52 PM.